Patient Handbook - Charges & Payment
Charges & Payment
- A deposit is required prior to admission.
- Hospital charges such as room/bed rate (excluding meals), medicines, meals, Operating Theatre (OT), OT materials, diagnostic examinations (e.g. MRI, CT scan, PET/CT scan, nuclear medicine, X-ray, ultrasound, laboratory tests), radiotherapy, lithotripsy, angiography, physiotherapy, nursing procedures, equipment, medical supplies, doctor's consultation, etc. are made in accordance with the Hospital's scales of charges for the particular type of accommodation. For details, please contact the relevant department.
Oral medications once dispensed are not returnable. Unopened vials/ bottles of medicine for injection may be returned to our Pharmacy for refund if these are discontinued by the attending doctor. However, a 10% dispensing administration charge will be deducted.
- Room/bed charges are based on daily rates. (Meals not included)
First 24 hours – (Commencing from registration) any stay for 2 hours or less, a half-day rent will be charged; stay for over 2 hours, a full-day rent will be charged.
After 24 hours – Any period less than 12 hours, a half-day rent will be charged; any period over 12 hours, a full-day rent will be charged.
Room Transfer – The room/bed rate for the day of transfer will be the total of HALF OF EACH of the daily rates for the respective rooms/beds involved.
- Bed for each additional patient staying in the same private room: One-half of the normal room rate will be charged.
- Patient Companion:
An extra bed can be provided after 9:00 p.m. each day and it will be cleared out by 7:00 a.m. on the next day.
An extra charge will be made for persons staying in the room after 10:00 p.m regardless of whether an extra bed is provided or used.
Only one person is allowed to accompany each patient in a semi-private room or general ward.
The first parent / guardian companion in Paediatric Ward is free of charge.
- The Hospital is not responsible for collection of medical insurance payments for patients except those with the prior approval of the Hospital.
- Any damage to Hospital property shall be charged to the patient's account.
- The Hospital reserves the right to collect the differences in charges incurred in respect of patients who change their accommodation to a higher grade.
- All charges for room rate, medicines, meals, diagnostic examinations, Operating Theatre, OT materials, medical supplies, equipment, etc. are payable every 5 days (for ICU every 3 days) and full settlement must be made to any out standing bills before discharge from hospital.
Payment of hospital charges may be guaranteed by producing an acceptable letter of guarantee from a company in Hong Kong on admission. Payment may be made by cash or cheque drawn on a local bank in Hong Kong. EPS, China UnionPay and VISA/MASTER/DINERS/American Express cards are also accepted.
- Opening hours of the Accounts Department and Cashier:
8:00am to 9:00pm
Patients who have to leave before or after the opening hours should make prior arrangements with the Accounts Department before 9:00pm on the day of intended departure or the day before for the settlement of the account.